Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Stupid Rich, Stupid Famous VI

The following was recorded by Doctor Curtis McGregor and reviewed by the District Court as per the conditions of the deal between the Prosecution and Defendant, Sebastian Jericho.

Sebastian Jericho Therapy Session #3: Present are Doctor McGregor and Sebastian Jericho.

“So Sebastian, I spoke to the judge last week and he’s very pleased with our progress. That little care package you sent to the man you assaulted was a nice touch as well."

“It was just the change I found in between my couch cushions.”

“Sebastian it was close to one million dollars.”

“Yeah that’s what I said.”

“Good lord... exactly how much money do you have?”

“Not much.”

“You can be incredibly aggravating when you want to be you know that?”

“Sure do.”

“...”

“...”

“Okay Sebastian, this isn’t like you at all. What’s going on?”

“This is our last session together, before my punishment is officially over.”

“Are you saying you’re going to miss me?”

“Cute. No it’s just I’m worried I might slip up again. I mean, I’m playing local shows again, small venues and stuff like that, but we’re building up to a really big concert soon. The first one I’ve played since my wife died in the plane crash three years ago. I’m just worried that the stress is gonna get me and I’m gonna hurt someone again.”

“That’s no small concern. Sebastian I can’t imagine what your life must be like, but to me, it sounds like you miss the structure your wife gave you. You’re having a hard time keeping things in focus on your own, and the lines between business and pleasure are getting blurred. Does that sound about right?”

“I guess so.”

“I think that the more you stress about it, the more it will happen to you. The trick is to make sure you have time to yourself, to unwind. The journal will help with that, so keep at that for as long as you can.”

“So make sure that business is business, and my time is mine.”

“Exactly, there’s absolutely no reason the two things need to overlap.”

“My manager is gonna hate this.”

“Pardon me, but fuck him, Sebastian. This is about you.”

“Ooh Doc, you gave me goosebumps there.”

“Sorry, but this is what I think you need, more than anything. You need to do what makes you happy. I don’t mean be selfish and take advantage of others, instead don’t let others take advantage of you. So long as you’re not hurting anyone, why shouldn’t you be able to do what you want with your own time?”

“Oh yeah, he’s gonna hate this.”

“I want you to keep going with that journal Sebastian. It will keep you grounded, and being able to see your thoughts will make it easier to interpret them. It will make it easier to control yourself. If at any time you become conflicted, write your thoughts down, and I believe that the answer will become apparent.”

“Okay...yeah, okay I can do that I think. Hey Doc, thank you. I really mean that. I know I can be really difficult sometimes but you really stuck with me these past few months, so thanks.”

“Of course Sebastian, hey one more thing before you go and this is of the utmost importance.”

“What is it?”

“I’m kind of breaking the rules here a little bit, but...well...if I don’t get your autograph for my daughter I think she’ll kill me.”

“Really, she’s a fan?”

“I dare say she may be the biggest.”

“Well in that case, I’ll tell you what Doc, I’ll do you one better. I’m gonna come over to your house for dinner tonight.”

“What?”

“Do what makes me happy right? Well that’s what I’m gonna do. Oh and I don’t really eat meat products, so you’ll need to prepare a vegetarian meal for me, oh and it has to be a wine that’s at least thirty years old.”

“...?”

“I’m kidding, I’ll cater it. See you tonight Doc. You guys had better be hungry.”

“...”

No comments: